The Regulation on Health and Safety in the Use of Work Equipment was published by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security in 2013. The purpose of this regulation is to use of work equipment to determine the minimum requirements for health and safety.
The following three legal regulations were used in the preparation of this regulation:
- Occupational Health and Safety Law No. 6331
- Law No. 3146 on the Organization and Duties of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security
- Issued by the European Union issued in 2009 2009 / 104 / EC Directive on minimum health and safety requirements for the use of work equipment by workers in workplaces
This regulation covers all workplaces covered by the Occupational Health and Safety Law.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Regulation, persons authorized to carry out periodic checks are required to register the following information to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security in electronic environment:
- Name and surname
- Turkish Identity Number
- School, date and diploma number
- If the service is obligatory, the insurance registry number
- Periodic control of work equipment
Declarations are based on declarations. Following the notification, the Ministry shall give these persons a registration number. If the information provided is found to be inaccurate, the person's registration will be deleted and posted on the Ministry's website. It is not possible for these people to re-register for three years. Applications are suspended until the expiry of three years.
Persons authorized to carry out periodic inspections shall also indicate their registration numbers in the periodic inspection reports. No registration number periodic control reports is considered invalid.
The Ministry of Labor and Social Security may assign accreditation, authorization and training requirements to persons and institutions that will carry out periodic checks.
Periodic control reports shall be deemed invalid if the following nonconformities are detected by the Ministry:
- Regarding work equipment with periodic inspections, if the periodic inspection report is issued incorrectly
- If periodic checks are carried out by persons who do not meet the criteria set out in the regulation,
- If unsuitable test and test methods are used during periodic control operations
The Regulation on Health and Safety in the Use of Work Equipment has three annexes that detail some of the criteria and standards:
- Appendix.1 Minimum requirements for work equipment
- Appendix.NUMX Work equipment handling considerations
- Appendix.NUMX Maintenance, repair and periodic checks
As a result, the regulation obliges employers to take all necessary measures to ensure that the work equipment used in the workplace is suitable for the work to be performed and that this equipment does not harm workers in health and safety.
The TÜRCERT certification body provides conformity assessment, certification and training services, while providing testing and inspection services. Do not hesitate to contact the experienced managers and employees of the TÜRCERT certification body for further information on the health and safety requirements for the use of work equipment